With Love Island, a sleazy British dating show making its stateside debut on CBS recently, television viewers have been reminded of an important truth: Reality TV is just the worst. Is that a fair statement? Most of us instinctively think it is. We think about Big Brother or RuPaul’s Drag Race or even The Radkes, […]Continue Reading
ABOUT THIS BLOG
Good media discernment is about guarding our eyes and hearts before we watch or listen. And it's also about grappling with the entertainment we do see or hear. That's why the Plugged In Blog is devoted to guarding, discussing and grappling.
- Boys State Shows Us Democracy in Action—For Better and Worse
- The Plugged In Show, Episode 38: Navigating the Impact of Television on Our Lives
- What We Get—and Lose—by Turning History Into Entertainment
- Listen to Our Newest Podcast and Hear About Non-Screen Activities to Do With Your Kids
- What’s New and Streaming for Families in August (2020)